Proud Country is a performing singer/songwriter Duo out of Weatherford Tx. - Taylor Bonham and Rhonda Lynn (McCullough). Proud military veterans bringing a message of hope through song. - Rhonda -Air Force and Taylor Army. We play traditional country music, a few classic rock and contemporary that we turned country, along with a few of our originals.
We are both singer songwriters with National award winning songs about the military and coping with life afterwards. Both have won the National Veteran's Creative Arts competition, Taylor in 2017 and Rhonda for 2018, as a matter of fact that's how we met this past March.
Here are links to video of our songs about the military and info on our studio recordings as individual artists. I hope you have an opportunity to view them and share, if you like. We don't currently have any studio produced as a duet but we will soon!
You can find these original songs on most digital media sites and outlets (iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, iheartradio, etc.)
Taylor Bonham - Same Star
Rhonda Lynn (McCullough) - Just Say Rhonda - 5 song EP
We are also very involved with an organization called Guitars 4 Heroes. The organization provides a way for our Veteran’s suffering from PTSD a way to cope via music. Here is a link in case you are interested in the program. Lessons are provided at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Fort Worth but they are looking to expand.
Taylor's personal story of struggle and healing was featured on NBC DFW Texas Connects Us in Dec 2017, Weatherford Democrat in Nov 2017 and recently featured in Parker County Life Style and Weatherford Now.
Rhonda is also a local award winner - winning Best Studio Produced Original Song and third for Bare Bones, for the Fort Worth Songwriters Association Songwriting Competition - 2017, Best Studio Produced Love Song "The Break-Up Song" and 3rd place "other" for "The Mirror" for 2018. "The Break-up Song" is also featured on the Texas Country Music Association's Compilation CD for 2018.
Awards as a duo include:
- 95.9 The Ranch - Ben Ryan's Local Showcase Showdown Hall of Fame - 01/2020
- Fort Worth Songwriters Association 2019: Best Studio Love Song "I Just Need to Hold You Tonight" and Second Place Bare Bones -Other: "3 Minute Session".
- 2019 Texas Troubadour Songwriter Classic: Finalist.
- 2019 LJT Songwriter’s Showcase top 40
- Selected and featured as an artist for a Grey Television Inc. project titled : "One Texas - Songs of Hope". A joint project of Gray Television Inc. Texas Stations. Other artists in Episode 2 include: Pat Green, Zane Williams, Kenny Maines, Mick Cruz, Billie Jo, and Daygan Darst.
- Featured Artisit on the syndicated radio show"Sunday Morning Coming Down with Mike Crow".
People are always curious about our relationship. Taylor and Rhonda are married - just NOT to each other! We are music partners and brother and sister in arms. Taylor is married to Brandi Bonham, and Rhonda to Gordon McCullough - both live in Weatherford.
Fun fact: We both found and married our high school sweethearts later in life. -Awe ain't that sweet!